Osso offers a full range of solar services designed to help you succeed in the solar industry. We specialize in FIT, MicroFIT and Off Grid solar systems.
Get the Power of the Sun Working for You!
The Top 5 Things to Consider when Selling Solar
1. Rooftops and landscapes are changing across Ontario. Look around for opportunities. Solar power systems can be installed practically anywhere where there are homes, farms, and commercial buildings.
2. Understand the investment opportunities. Ontario’s Feed-In-Tariff (FIT) program offers the best financial incentive in the world for solar power; up to 80.2 cents/kWh, for a guaranteed 20 year contract. Payback on a typical system under microFIT starts in approximately 7 to 10 years. With this level of government incentive, this is the right time to get involved.
3. Starting in 2011, all Solar Installations under the FIT program must have at least 60% of the product made in Ontario. 27% of that 60% is applied toward all on-and off-site labour and services. This includes your installation services. Determine what percentage of your services your customers can include as Ontario Content in their applications.
4. There are a lot of people selling solar. Makes sure the products you use for your installations are from proven suppliers. Ask about their policies if something goes wrong. Are the different components covered by a guarantee? Can your supplier offer design and layout support? Do they know and understand the solar market?
5. All of the earth’s potential energy from coal, oil & natural gas are matched by just 20 days of sunshine. Having said that, do your homework. Shade is the natural enemy for solar installations. Look for trees and other obstacles that will take away from the expected output of the systems. Take advantage of available site assessment tools that will help you avoid these pitfalls.
These are just 5 areas to consider before jumping into the solar market. Right now, solar is a big focus with the Ontario government offering great incentives to solar system buyers. These rebates may not be available forever, so the quicker you enter the market, the better.